Cambridge 10 Listening Test 3
Section 1: Questions 1-10
Complete the form below. Write ONE WORD OR A NUMBER.
Early Learning Children Centre Enrolment Form
Parent or guardian: Carol Smith
Child’s name: Kate
Address: (2) Road, Woodside 4032
Days enrolled for: Monday and (3)
Start time: (4) am
Childcare group: the (5) group
Which meals are required each day? (6)
Medical conditions: need (7)
Emergency contact: Jenny (8)
Relationship to child: (9)
Will pay each (10)
Section 2: Questions 11 and 12
Choose TWO letters, A-E.
Which TWO things does Alice say about the Dolphin Conservation Trust?
A Children make up most of the membership
B It’s the country’s largest conservation organisation
C It helps finance campaigns for changes in fishing practices
D It employs several dolphin experts full-time
E Volunteers help in various ways
Choose the correct letter, A, B, or C.
13. Why is Alice so pleased the Trust has won the Charity Commission award?
A It has brought in extra money
B It made the work of the trust better known
C It has attracted more members.
14. Alice says oil exploration causes problems to dolphins because of
B oil leaks
C movement of ships
15. Alice became interested in dolphins when
A she saw one swimming near her home
B she heard a speaker at her school
C she read a book about them
Which dolphin does Alice make each of the following comments about?
16. It has not been seen this year
17. It is photographed more than the others
18. It is always very energetic
19. It is the newest one in the scheme
20. It has an unusual shape
Section 3: Questions 21-25
Choose the correct letter, A, B or C.
Theatre Studies Course
21. What helped Rob to prepare to play the character of a doctor?
A the stories his grandfather told him
B the times when he watched his grandfather working
C the way he imagined his grandfather at work
22. In the play’s first scene, the boredom of village life was suggested by
A repetition of words and phrases
B scenery painted in dull colours
C long pauses within conversations
23. What has Rob learned about himself through working in a group?
A He likes to have clear guidelines
B He copes well with stress
C He thinks he is a good leader
24. To support the production, research material was used which described
A political developments
B changing social attitudes
C economic transformations
25. What problem did the students overcome in the final rehearsal?
A one person forgetting their words
B an equipment failure
C the injury of one character
What action is needed for the following stages in doing the ‘year abroad’ option?
Choose FIVE answers from the box given below.
Stages in doing the ‘year abroad’ option
26. in the second year of the course
27. when first choosing where to go
28. when sending in your choice
29. when writing your personal statement
30. when doing the year abroad
A be on time
B get a letter of recommendation
C plan for the final year
D make sure the institution’s focus is relevant
E show ability in Theatre Studies
F make travel arrangements and bookings
G ask for help
Section 4: Questions 31-40
Complete the notes below. Write ONE WORD ONLY.
‘Self-regulatory focus theory’ and leadership
Self-regulatory focus theory
People’s focus is to approach pleasure or avoid pain
Promotion goals focus on (31)
Prevention goals emphasise avoiding punishment
Factors that affect people’s focus
The Chronic Factor
• comes from one’s (32)
The (33) Factor
• we are more likely to focus on promotion goals when with a (34)
• we are more likely to focus on prevention goals with our boss
How people’s focus affects them
Promotion Focus: People think about an ideal version of themselves, their (35) and their gains.
Prevention Focus: People think about their ‘ought’ self and their obligations
Leadership behaviour and (36) affects people’s focus
• pay special attention to the (37) of their followers
• passionately communicate a clear (38)
• inspire promotion focus in followers
• create (39) to make expectations clear
• emphasise the results of a mistake
• inspire prevention focus in followers
Promotion Focus is good for jobs requiring (40)
Prevention Focus is good for work such as a surgeon Leaders’ actions affect which focus people use.
Checkout Grammarly to improve your grammar.