Cambridge 6 Listening Test 3
Section 1: Question 1-10
Complete the form below. Write NO MORE THAN ONE WORD OR A NUMBER.
OPENING A BANK ACCOUNT
Application for a: Current bank account
Type of current account: The (1) account
Full name of applicant: Pieter Henes
Date of birth: (2)
Joint account holders: No
Current address: (3) Exeter
Time at current address: (4)
Previous address: Rielsdorf 2, Utrecht, Holland
Telephone: work (5)
Identity (security): Name of his (7) :Siti
Opening sum: (8) £ to be transferred from Fransen Bank, Utrecht
Statements: Every (9)
Requests: Supply information about the bank’s (10) service
Section 2: Question 11-13
Choose the correct letter A, B and C.
THE HISTORY OF ROSEWOOD HOUSE
11. When the writer Sebastian George first saw Rosewood House, he
A thought he might rent it
B felt it was too expensive for him
C was unsure whether to buy it
12. Before buying the house. George had
A experienced severe family problems
B struggled to become a successful author
C suffered a serious illness
13. According to the speaker, George viewed Rosewood House as
A a rich source of material for his books
B a way to escape from his work
C a typical building of the region
Label the map below. Write correct letters A-J next to questions 14-17.
Complete the sentences below. Write ONE WORD ONLY.
18. You can walk through the that goes along the river bank.
19. You can go over the and then into a wooded area.
20. On your way back, you could also go up to the
Section 3: Question 21-24
Complete the sentences below. Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS OR A NUMBER.
21. For their assignment, the students must investigate one part of the
22. The method the students must use to collect data is
23. In total, the students must interview people.
24. Jack thinks the music preferences of listeners are similar.
Complete the notes below. Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS.
MARKETING SURVEY: MUSIC PREFERENCES
Age group of interviewee
• 25 or under
• 45 or over
• Easy listening
Medium for listening to music
Source of music
• Music shops
Places for listening to music
• Concert Hall
Section 4: Question 31-34
Choose the correct letter A, B or C.
31. According to the speaker, it is not clear
A when the farming economy was introduced to Ireland
B why people began to farm in Ireland
C where the early Irish farmers came from
32. What point does the speaker make about breeding animals in Neolithic Ireland?
A Their numbers must have been above a certain level
B They were under threat from wild animals
C Some species died out during this period
33. What does the speaker say about the transportation of animals?
A Livestock would have limited the distance the farmers could sail
B Neolithic boats were loo primitive to have been used
C Probably only a few breeding animals were imported
34. What is the main evidence for cereal crops in Neolithic Ireland?
A the remains of burnt grain in pots
B the marks left on pots by grains
C the patterns painted on the surface of pots
Complete the sentences below. Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS each answer.
35. Ploughs could either have been pulled by or by cattle.
• The farmers needed homes which were permanent dwellings.
36. In the final stages of axe-making and were necessary for grinding and polishing.
37. Irish axes were exported from Ireland to and England.
• The colonisers used clay to make pots.
38. The of the pots was often polished to make them watertight.
39. Clay from areas was generally used.
40. Decoration was only put around the of the earliest pots.