IELTS Writing Task 2 Predictions 2020
1. Some people think that lawbreakers should be sent to prison. However, others think that better talents among those should be made to work. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
2. In most countries, prison is an effective solution to the problem of crime. Some people think it is a more effective solution to provide a better education. To what extent do you agree or disagree？
3. Nowadays, most countries improve the standard of living through economic development. But some social values are lost as a result. Do you think the advantages of the phenomenon outweigh the disadvantages?
4. Surveys show that people are living longer in many countries. But increased life expectancy has many implications for aging individuals and for society as a whole. What are the possible effects of longer living for individuals and society?
5. Some people think it is more important to plant more trees in open areas in towns and cities than provide more housing. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
6. The movement of people from agricultural areas to cities to work can cause serious problems in both places. What are the serious problems? What measures can be used to solve these problems?
7 Some people think that in this modern world people are getting dependent on each other, while others think the modern world makes people more independent of each other. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
8 Some people believe that parents have a great influence on the children’s growth but influence from the outside plays a more important role. Do you agree or disagree?
9 Some people think people working in creative arts should be financially supported by the government. Others think they should find financial support from other resources. Discuss both sides and give your opinion.
IELTS Essay Writing Topics Predictions 2020
10 Some people think governments should spend money looking for life on other planets, while others think that there are many unsolved problems on earth. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
11 Advertising discourages people from being different individuals by making us all want to do the same and look the same. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
12 Many countries believe that international tourism has harmful effects. Why do they think so? What can be done to change their views?
13 Many museums and historical sites are mainly visited by tourists and not local people. Why is the case? What can be done to attract local people?
14 Nowadays, people in some countries can choose to live and work anywhere they want because of the improvement in transportation and communication technologies. Discuss the benefits and the drawbacks of the phenomenon
15 Online shopping is now replacing shopping in the store. Do you think it is a positive or negative development?
16 Some people think that success in life comes from hard work and determination, while others think that there are more important factors such as money and appearance. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
17 The spread of multinational companies and the increase of globalization produce positive effects for everyone. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
18 Some people believe that when designing a building, the most important thing to be considered is the function rather than the outward appearance. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
19 The government money should be invested in teaching science rather than other subjects so as to help the country make progress and develop. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
20 In some cities, governments have tried to reduce traffic. For instance, they imposed a congestion tax during rush hour. Do you think this development is positive or negative?
21 People’s shopping habits depend more on the age group they belong to than any other factor. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
22 New parents should attend parenting courses to bring up their children well. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Also Check: Improve IELTS Writing skills by using Grammarly