Cambridge IELTS 17 Listening Test 4 with Answers
Easy Life Cleaning Services
Complete the notes below.
Write ONE WORD for each answer.
Basic cleaning package offered
● Cleaning all surfaces
● Cleaning the 1 __________ throughout the apartment
● Cleaning shower, sinks, toilet etc.
Additional services agreed
● Every week
– Cleaning the 2 __________
– Ironing clothes – 3 __________ only
● Every month
– Cleaning all the 4 __________ from the inside
– Washing down the 5 __________
● They can organise a plumber or an 6 __________ if necessary.
● A special cleaning service is available for customers who are allergic to 7 __________
Information on the cleaners
● Before being hired, all cleaners have a background check carried out by the 8 __________
● References are required.
● All cleaners are given 9 __________ for two weeks.
● Customers send a 10 __________ after each visit.
● Usually, each customer has one regular cleaner.
Choose the correct letter, A, B or C.
11 Many hotel managers are unaware that their staff often leave because of
A. a lack of training.
B. long hours.
C. low pay.
12 What is the impact of high staff turnover on managers?
A. an increased workload
B. low morale
C. an inability to meet targets
13 What mistake should managers always avoid?
A. failing to treat staff equally
B. reorganising shifts without warning
C. neglecting to have enough staff during busy periods
14 What unexpected benefit did Dunwich Hotel notice after improving staff retention rates?
A. a fall in customer complaints
B. an increase in loyalty club membership
C. a rise in spending per customer
Which way of reducing staff turnover was used in each of the following hotels?
Write the correct letter, A, B or C, next to Questions 15-20.
Ways of reducing staff turnover
A. improving relationships and teamwork
B. offering incentives and financial benefits
C. providing career opportunities
15. The Sun Club __________
16. The Portland __________
17. Bluewater Hotels __________
18. Pentlow Hotels __________
19. Green Planet __________
20. The Amesbury __________
Sporting Activities at School
Questions 21 and 22
Choose TWO letters, A-E.
Which TWO points do Thomas and Jeanne make about Thomas’s sporting activities at school?
A. He should have felt more positive about them.
B. The training was too challenging for him.
C. He could have worked harder at them.
D. His parents were disappointed in him.
E. His fellow students admired him.
Questions 23 and 24
Choose TWO letters, A-E.
Which TWO feelings did Thomas experience when he was in Kenya?
What comment do the students make about the development of each of the following items of sporting equipment?
Choose SIX answers from the box and write the correct letter, A-H, next to Questions 25-30.
Comments about the development of the equipment
A. It could cause excessive sweating.
B. The material was being mass produced for another purpose.
C. People often needed to make their own.
D. It often had to be replaced.
E. The material was expensive.
F. It was unpopular among spectators.
G. It caused injuries.
H. No one ring it liked it at first.
Items of sporting equipment
25. the table tennis bat __________
26. the cricket helmet __________
27. the cycle helmet __________
28. the golf club __________
29. the hockey stick __________
30. the football __________
Questions 31 – 40
Complete the notes below.
Write ONE WORD ONLY for each answer.
What is maple syrup?
● made from the sap of the maple tree
● added to food or used in cooking
● colour described as 31 __________
● very 32 __________ compared to refined sugar
The maple tree
● has many species
● needs sunny days and cool nights
● maple leaf has been on the Canadian flag since 1964
● needs moist soil but does not need fertiliser as well
● best growing conditions and 33 __________ are in Canada and North America
Early maple sugar producers
● made holes in the tree trunks
● used hot 34 __________ to heat the sap
● used tree bark to make containers for collection
● sweetened food and drink with sugar
Today’s maple syrup
● Tree trunks may not have the correct 35 __________ until they have been growing for 40 years.
● The changing temperature and movement of water within the tree produces the sap.
● A tap drilled into the trunk and a 36 __________ carries the sap into a bucket.
● Large pans of sap called evaporators are heated by means of a 37 __________ .
● A lot of 38 __________ is produced during the evaporation process.
● ‘Sugar sand’ is removed because it makes the syrup look 39 __________ and affects the taste.
● The syrup is ready for use.
● A huge quantity of sap is needed to make a 40 __________ of maple syrup.
Cambridge IELTS 17 Listening Test 4 Answers
Practice with Expert IELTS Tutors Online
Apply Code "IELTSXPRESS20" To Get 20% off on IELTS Mock Test
Part 1 – Easy Life Cleaning Services Listening Answers
Part 2 – Hotel Management Listening Answers
Part 3 – Sporting Activities at School Listening Answers
21&22. C, E
23&24. A, D
Part 4 – Maple syrup Listening Answers
40. litre / liter
Cambridge IELTS 17 Listening Test 4 Audio Transcript
Cambridge IELTS 17 Listening Test 1 PDF Free Download
Also Check: Cambridge IELTS 17 Listening Test 1 with Answers
1 thought on “Cambridge IELTS 17 Listening Test 4 with Answers”