Describe a long car journey you went on IELTS SPEAKING Cue Card Topic
1. I am a perpetual traveller.
2. I prefer to visit places that have some historical significance because I am intrigued by the folklores associated with such places.
3. I have seen nearly all the historically important places in my vicinity but there was one monument which had been sitting on the top of my bucket list for quite some time.
4. That famous building was the Taj Mahal.
5. Last month I checked off this place too when my uncle’s family planned to visit it.
6. He had come to our place on 4 days long vacation and I was excited to hear when he told me a visit to the Taj Mahal was part of his itinerary.
7. We started our journey in the car at 6 in the morning and reached Agra, the city in which the Taj Mahal is situated in 6 hours.
8. The journey to the Agra was as memorable as the visit to the the Taj Mahal.
9. Since we left early in the morning we did not have breakfast and decided to have it on our way to the Taj Mahal.
10. Nearly after one hour we left our home we stopped at a famous restaurant by the name of Mother’s Kitchen.
11. The restaurant is known for its delicious recipes and exclusive dishes.
12. Everybody ordered food of his own choice and I ordered dish they call Mother’s omelette which was their special breakfast dish of the day.
13. I had never had such a delicious omelette before in my life.
14. I was impressed by not only the taste but the way it was presented on the table, it simply looked exotic.
15. Everybody truly enjoyed their meal and then got back in the car to resume our journey.
16. After few minutes my cousin suggested that we should play some game to break the monotony of the long journey.
17. So we decided to play traditional Indian musical game called Antakshri, in which a person from one team sings a song and when he finishes the song then someone from the opposite team has to sing a song starting from the word with which the person from team one ended is song.
18. We played this game for nearly an hour and really had a blast.
19. We almost forgot that we were sitting in the car, it felt as if we were having a great time in the living room of our home.
20. The whole journey to Agra was full of many more such memorable moments and I will cherish these moments for the rest of my life.