Practice Cambridge IELTS 8 Listening Test 1
Practice Cambridge IELTS book 8 Listening Test 1 with answers.
Cambridge IELTS 8 Listening Test 1 – Section 1
Questions 1 and 2
Choose the correct letter A, B or C.
Summer Music Festival Booking Form
1. In the lobby of the library George saw
A a group playing music
B a display of instruments
C a video about the festival
2. George wants to sit at the back so they can
A see well
B hear clearly
C pay less
Complete the form below. Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS OR A NUMBER.
Cambridge IELTS 8 Listening Test 1 – Section 2
Section 2: Questions 11-15
Complete the sentences below. Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS OR A NUMBER.
The Dinosaur Museum
11. The museum closes at p.m. on Mondays.
12. The museum is not open on _________________
13. School groups are met by tour guides in the _________________
14. The whole visit takes 90 minutes, including minutes for the guided tour.
15. There are behind the museum where students can have lunch.
Choose THREE letter A-G.
Which THREE things can students have with them in the museum?
Questions 19 and 20
Choose TWO letters A-E.
Which TWO activities can students do after the tour at present?
A build model dinosaurs
B watch films
C draw dinosaurs
D find dinosaur eggs
E play computer games
Cambridge IELTS 8 Listening Test 1– Section 3
Choose the correct letter A, B or C.
Field Trip Proposal
21. The tutor thinks that Sandra’s proposal
A should be re-ordered in some parts
B needs a contents page
C ought to include more information
22. The proposal would be easier to follow if Sandra
A inserted subheadings
B used more paragraphs
C shortened her sentences
23. What was the problem with the formatting on Sandra’s proposal?
A Separate points were not clearly identified
B The headings were not always clear
C Page numbering was not used in an appropriate way
24. Sandra became interested in visiting the Navajo National Park through
A articles she read
B movies she saw as a child
C photographs she found on the internet
Choose THREE letters A-G
Which THREE topics does Sandra agree to include in the proposal?
A climate change
B field trip activities
C geographical features
D impact of tourism
E myths and legends
F plant and animal life G social history
Complete the sentences below. Write ONE WORD OR A NUMBER.
28. The tribal park covers hectares.
29. Sandra suggests that they share the for transport.
30. She says they could also explore the local _________________
Cambridge IELTS 8 Listening Test 1 – Section 4
Complete the notes below.
Write ONE WORD ONLY.
Studying geography helps us to understand:
• The effects of different processes on the (31)__________ of the Earth
• The dynamic between (32)__________ and population
Two main branches of study:
• Physical features
• Human lifestyles and their (33) _________________
Specific study areas:
• Biophysical, topographic, political, social, economic, historical and (34) _________________ geography and also cartography
• Geography helps us to understand our surroundings and the associated
What do the geographers do?
• Find data e.g. conduct censuses, collect information in the form of (36) _________________ using computer and satellite technology
• Analyse data – identify (37) _________________ e.g. cause and effect
• Publish findings in the form of:
Can show physical features of large and small areas
But a two-dimensional map will always have some (38) _________________
Can show vegetation problems (39) _________________ density, ocean, floor etc.
Landsat pictures sent to receiving stations
• Used for monitoring (40) _________________ conditions etc.
Cambridge IELTS 8 Listening Test 1 Answers
3. 48 north avenue
6. drinks/ refreshments
7. pianist/ piano player
12. 25 December
13. car parking
33. impact/ effects