Cambridge IELTS 14 Listening Test 2 with Answers
Complete the notes below.
Write ONE WORD AND/OR A NUMBER for each answer.
TOTAL HEALTH CLINIC
Name Julie Anne ……Garcia…..
Contact phone 1 ___________
Date of birth 2___________, 1992
Occupation works as a 3___________
Insurance company 4___________ Life Insurance
Details of the problem
Type of problem pain in her left 5___________
When it began 6___________ ago
Action already taken has taken painkillers and applied ice
Sports played belongs to a 7___________ club
goes 8___________ Regularly
Medical history injured her 9___________ last year
no regular medication apart from 10___________
Choose the correct letter, A, B, or C.
Visit to Branley Castle
11. Before Queen Elizabeth I visited the castle in 1576,
A repairs were carried out to the quest rooms.
B a new building was constructed for her.
C a fire damaged part of the main hall.
12. In 1982, the castle was sold to
A the government
B the Fenys family.
C an entertainment company.
13. In some of the rooms, visitors can
A speak to experts on the history of the castle.
B interact with actors dressed as famous characters.
C see models of historical figures moving and talking.
14 In the castle park, visitors can
A see an 800-year-old tree.
B go to an art exhibition.
C visit a small zoo.
15 At the end of the visit, the group will have
A afternoon tea in the conservatory.
B the chance to meet the castle’s owners.
C a photograph together on the Great Staircase.
Label the plan below.
Write the correct letter, A-H, next to Questions 16-20
16 Starting point for walking the walls ___________
17 Bow and arrow display ___________
18 Hunting birds display ___________
19 Traditional dancing ___________
20 Shop ___________
Choose the correct letter, A, B or C.
Woolly mammoths on St Paul’s Island
21 How will Rosie and Martin introduce their presentation?
A with a drawing of woolly mammoths in their natural habit
B with a timeline showing when woolly mammoths lived
C with a video clip about woolly mammoths
22 What was surprising about the mammoth tooth found by Russell Graham?
A It was still embedded in the mammoth’s jawbone.
B It was from an unknown species of mammoth.
C It was not as old as mammoth remains from elsewhere.
23 The students will use an animated diagram to demonstrate how the mammoths
A became isolated on the island.
B spread from the island to other areas.
C coexisted with other animals on the island.
24 According to Martin, what is unusual about the date of the mammoths’ extinction on the island?
A how exact it is
B how early it is
C how it was established
What action will the students take for each of the following sections of their presentation?
Choose SIX answers from the box and write the correct letter, A-H, next to Questions 25-30.
A make it more interactive
B reduce visual input
C add personal opinions
D contact one of the researchers
E make detailed notes
F find information online
G check timing
H organise the content more clearly
Sections of presentation
25 Introduction ___________
26 Discovery of the mammoth tooth ___________
27 Initial questions asked by the researchers ___________
28 Further research carried out on the island ___________
29 Findings and possible explanations ___________
30 Relevance to the present day ___________
Complete the notes below.
Write ONE WORD ONLY for each answer.
The history of weather forecasting
- many cultures believed that floods and other disasters were involved in the creation of the world
- many cultures invented 31___________ and other ceremonies to make the weather gods friendly
- people needed to observe and interpret the sky to ensure their 32___________
- around 650 BC, Babylonians started forecasting, using weather phenomena such as 33___________
- by 300 BC, the Chinese had a calendar made up of a number of 34___________ connected with the weather
- a more scientific approach
- Aristotle tried to explain the formation of various weather phenomena
- Aristotle also described haloes and 35___________
- Aristotle’s work considered accurate
- many proverbs, e.g. about the significance of the colour of the 36___________, passed on accurate information.
- 15th century: scientists recognised value of 37___________ for the first time
- Galileo invented the 38___________
- Pascal showed relationship between atmospheric pressure and altitude
- from the 17th century, scientists could measure atmospheric pressure and temperature
- 18th century: Franklin identified the movement of 39___________
- 19th century: data from different locations could be sent to the same place by 40___________
Cambridge IELTS 14 Listening Test 2 Answers
1. 219 442 9785
2. 10(th) October
6. 3 weeks