Cambridge IELTS 15 Listening Test 4
Cambridge IELTS 15 Listening Test 4 – Part 1
Part 1: Questions 1-10
Complete the notes below. Write ONE WORD AND/ OR A NUMBER for each answer.
Customer Satisfaction Survey
Name: Sophie Bird
Reason for travel today: (2)
Name of station returning to: (3)
Type of ticket purchased: standard (4) ticket
Cost of ticket: (5) £
When ticket was purchased: yesterday
Where ticket was bought: (6)
Satisfaction with journey:
Most satisfied with: the wifi
Least satisfied with: the (7) this morning
Satisfaction with station facilities
Most satisfied with: how much (8) was provided
Least satisfied with: lack of seats, particularly on the (9)
Neither satisfied nor dissatisfied with: the (10) available
Cambridge IELTS 15 Listening Test 4 – Part 2
Part 2: Questions 11-16
Label the map below. Write the correct letters A-H next to questions 11-16.
13. formal gardens
14. outdoor gyms
15. skateboard ramp
16. wild flowers
Questions 17 and 18
Choose TWO letters A-E.
What does the speaker say about the adventure playground?
A children must be supervised
B it costs more in winter
C some activities are only for younger children
D no payment is required
E it was recently expanded
Questions 19 and 20
Choose TWO letters A-E.
What does the speaker say about the glass houses?
A they are closed at weekends
B volunteers are needed to work there
C they were badly damaged by fire
D more money is needed to repair some of the glass
E visitors can see palm trees from tropical regions
Cambridge IELTS 15 Listening Test 4 – Part 3
Part 3: Questions 21-24
Choose the correct letter A, B or C.
Presentation about refrigeration
21. What did Annie discover from reading about icehouses?
A why they were first created
B how the ice was kept frozen
C where they were located
22. What point does Annie make about refrigeration in ancient Rome?
A it became a commercial business
B it used snow from nearby
C it took a long time to become popular
23. In connection with modern refrigeration both Annie and Jack are worried about
A the complexity of the technology
B the fact that some are disposed of irresponsibly
C the large number that quickly break down
24. What do Jack and Annie agree regarding domestic fridges?
A they are generally good value of money
B there are plenty of useful variations
C they are more useful than other domestic appliances
Who is going to do research into each topic? Write the correct letter A-C next to questions 25-30.
C both Annie and Jack
25. the goods that are refrigerated
26. the effects on health
27. the impact on food producers
28. the impact on cities
29. refrigerated transport
30. domestic fridges
Cambridge IELTS 15 Listening Test 4 – Part 4
Part 4: Questions 31-40
Complete the notes below. Write ONE WORD ONLY for each answer.
How the Industrial Revolution affected life in Britain
• For the first time, people’s possessions were used to measure Britain’s (31)
• Developments in production of goods and in (32) greatly changed lives
Main areas of change
• The Industrial Revolution would not have happened without the new types of (33) that were used then
• The leading industry was (34) (its products became widely available)
• New (35) made factories necessary and so more people moved into towns
• The railways took the place of canals
• Because of the new transport:
o Greater access to (36) made people more aware of what they could buy in shops
o When shopping people were not limited to buying (37) Goods
• The first department stores were opened
• The displays of goods were more visible:
o Inside stores because of better (38)
o Outside stores because (39) were bigger
• (40) that was persuasive became much more common