Cambridge IELTS 4 Listening Test 3
Cambridge IELTS 4 Listening Test 3 – Part 1
Part 1: Questions 1-4
Complete the form below. Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS OR A NUMBER for each answer.
ACCOMMODATION REQUEST FORM
Name: Sara Lim
Length of time in Australia: (1)
Present address: Flat 1, 539, (2) Road Canterbury 2036
Present course: (3) English
Accommodation required from: (4) 7th September
Choose the correct letter, A, B or C
5. Sara requires a
A single room
B twin room
C triple room
6. She would prefer to live with a
B single person
7. She would like to live in a
C studio apartment
Complete the sentences below. Write NO MORE THAN ONE WORD for each answer.
8. The will be $320.
9. She needs to pay the rent by cash or cheque on a basis.
10. She needs to pay her part of the bill
Cambridge IELTS 4 Listening Test 3 – Part 2
Part 2: Questions 11-14
Choose the correct letter, A, B or C.
11. When is this year’s festival being held?
A 1-13 January
B 5-17 January
C 25-31 January
12. What will the reviewer concentrate on today?
13. How many circuses are there in the festival?
14. Where does Circus Romano perform?
A in a theatre
B in a tent
C in a stadium
Complete the notes below. Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer.
Cambridge IELTS 4 Listening Test 3 – Part 3
Part 3: Questions 21-30
Choose the correct letter, A. B or C.
21. The man wants information on courses for
A people going back to college
B postgraduate students
C business executives
22. The ‘Study for Success’ seminar lasts for
A one day
B two days
C three days
23. In the seminar the work on writing aims to improve
24. Reading sessions help students to read
B as fast as possible
25. The seminar tries to
A prepare learners physically
B encourage interest in learning
C develop literacy skills
26. A key component of the course is learning how to
A use time effectively
B stay healthy
C select appropriate materials
27. Students who want to do the ‘Study for Success’ seminar should
A register with the Faculty Office
B contact their Course Convenor
C reserve a place in advance
28. The ‘Learning Skills for University Study’ course takes place on
A Monday, Wednesday and Friday
B Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday
C Monday, Thursday and Friday
29. A feature of this course is
A a physical training component
B advice on coping with stress
C a detailed weekly planner
30. The man chooses the ‘Study for Success’ seminar because
A he is over forty
B he wants to start at the beginning
C he seeks to revise his skills
Cambridge IELTS 4 Listening Test 3 – Part 4
Part 4: Questions 31 and 32
Complete the notes below. Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS OR A NUMBER for each answer.
New Union Building
Procedures to establish student opinion:
• students were asked to give written suggestions on the building’s design
• these points informed the design of A (31)
• (there were (32) respondents)
• results collated and report produced by Union Committee
Complete the table below. Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer.
Choose TWO letters A-G.
38. Which TWO facilities did the students request in the new Union building?
A a library
B a games room
C a student health centre
D a mini fitness centre
E a large swimming pool
F a travel agency
G a lecture theatre
Choose the correct letters A, B and C.
39. Which argument was used AGAINST having a drama theatre?
A It would be expensive and no students would use it
B It would be a poor use of resources because only a minority would use it
C It could not accommodate large production of plays
Choose TWO letters A-F.
40. Which TWO security measures have been requested?
A closed circuit TV
B show Union card on entering the building
C show Union card when asked
D sport searched of bags
E permanent security office on site
Cambridge IELTS 4 Listening Test 3 Answers