Cambridge IELTS 5 Listening Test 2
Cambridge IELTS 5 Listening Test 2 – Section 1
Section 1: Questions 1-10
Complete the notes below using NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS AND/OR A NUMBER for each answer.
Minimum joining age (Example): 18 years (Answer)
For registration, must take
• two (1) and
• two forms of I.D. e.g. driving licence, (2)
Cost to join per year (without current student card): (3) £
Number of items allowed: (members of public) (4)
Login times: four weeks
Fines start at (5) £
Computers can be booked up to (6) hours in advance
Library holds most national papers, a (7) , and magazines need (8) to use photocopier
Creative Writing class
• tutor is John (9) and
• held on (10) evenings
Cambridge IELTS 5 Listening Test 2 – Section 2
Section 2: Questions 11-15
Choose the correct letter, A, B or C.
BICYCLES FOR THE WORLD
11. In 1993 Dan Pearman went to Ecuador
A as a tourist guide
B as part of his studies
C as a voluntary worker
12. Dan’s neighbour was successful in business because he
A employed carpenters from the area
B was the most skilled craftsman in the town
C found it easy to reach customers
13. Dan says the charity relies on
A getting enough bicycles to send regularly
B finding new areas which need the bicycles
C charging for the bicycles it sends abroad
14. What does Dan say about the town of Rivas?
A It has received the greatest number of bikes
B It has almost as many bikes as Amsterdam
C Its economy has been totally transformed
15. What problem did the charity face in August 2000?
A It couldn’t meet its overheads
B It had to delay sending the bikes
C It was criticized in the British media
Questions 16 and 17
Write NO MORE THAN ONE WORD OR A NUMBER for each answer.
16. How much money did the charity receive when it won an award?
17. What is the charity currently hoping to buy?
Which THREE things can the general public do to help the charity Pedal Power?
A organise a bicycle collection
B repair the donated bikes
C donate their unwanted tools
D do voluntary work in its office
E hold an event to raise money
F identify areas that need bikes
G write to the government
Cambridge IELTS 5 Listening Test 2 – Section 3
Section 3: Questions 21-30
Choose the table below. Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS AND/OR A NUMBER for each answer.
Student Life Video Project
Cambridge IELTS 5 Listening Test 2 – Section 4
Section 4: Questions 31-40
Complete the notes below. Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS AND/OR A NUMBER for each answer.
• more than (31) times as big as the UK
• most of the area is classified as (32)
• (33) is integrated with technical support
• stations contain accommodation, work areas, a kitchen, a (34) and a gym
• supplies were brought to Zero One station by sledge from a (35) at the edge of the ice 15 km away
• problem of snow build-ups solved by building stations on (36) with adjustable legs
FOOD AND DIET
• average daily requirement for an adult in Antarctica is approximately (37) kilocalories
• rations for field work prepared by process of freeze-drying
The most important research focuses on climate change, including
– measuring changes in the ice-cap (because of effects on sea levels and (38) )
– analysing air from bubbles in ice to measure (39) caused by human activity
Many openings for (40) people including
– research assistants, administrative and technical positions
Checkout Grammarly to improve your grammar.
Cambridge 5 Listening Test 2 Answers
Also Check: The Complete Guide To IELTS by Bruce Rogers