Cambridge IELTS 6 Listening Test 3
Cambridge IELTS 6 Listening Test 3 – Section 1
Complete the form below.
Write NO MORE THAN ONE WORD OR A NUMBER.
Opening A Bank Account
Application for a: Current bank account
Type of current account: The (1) _________________ account
Full name of applicant: Pieter Henes
Date of birth: (2) _________________
Joint account holders: No
Current address: (3) _________________ Exeter
Time at current address: (4) _________________
Previous address: Rielsdorf 2, Utrecht, Holland
Telephone: work (5) _________________
Occupation: (6) _________________
Identity (security): Name of his (7) _________________ :Siti
Opening sum: (8) £ _________________ to be transferred from Fransen Bank, Utrecht
Statements: Every (9) _________________
Requests: Supply information about the bank’s (10) _________________ service
Cambridge IELTS 6 Listening Test 3 – Section 2
Choose the correct letter A, B and C.
The History of Rosewood House
11. When the writer Sebastian George first saw Rosewood House, he
A thought he might rent it
B felt it was too expensive for him
C was unsure whether to buy it
12. Before buying the house. George had
A experienced seevere family problems
B struggled to become a successful author
C suffered a serious illness
13. According to the speaker, George viewed Rosewood House as
A a rich source of material for his books
B a way to escape from his work
C a typical building of the region
Label the map below.
Write correct letters A-J next to questions 14-17.
Rosewood House and Gardens
Complete the sentences below. Write ONE WORD ONLY.
18. You can walk through the _________________ that goes along the river bank.
19. You can go over the _________________ and then into a wooded area.
20. On your way back, you could also go up to the _________________
Cambridge IELTS 6 Listening Test 3 – Section 3
Complete the sentences below.
Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS OR A NUMBER.
21. For their assignment, the students must investigate one part of the _________________
22. The method the students must use to collect data is _________________
23. In total, the students must interview _________________ people.
24. Jack thinks the music preferences of _________________ listeners are similar.
Complete the notes below. Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS.
Marketing Survey: Music Preferences
|Age group of interviewee||* 25 or under
* 45 or over
|Music preferences||* Pop
* 25 ___________
* Easy listening
* 26 ___________
|Medium for listening to music||* Radio
* 27 ___________
|Source of music||* Music shops
* 28 ___________
|Places for listening to music||* Disco
* 29 ___________
* Concert hall
* 30 ___________
Cambridge IELTS 6 Listening Test 3 – Section 4
Choose the correct letter A, B or C.
Ireland In The Neolithic Period
31. According to the speaker, it is not clear
A when the farming economy was introduced to Ireland
B why people began to farm in Ireland
C where the early Irish farmers came from
32. What point does the speaker make about breeding animals in Neolithic Ireland?
A Their numbers must have been above a certain level
B They were under threat from wild animals
C Some species died out during this period
33. What does the speaker say about the transportation of animals?
A Livestock would have limited the distance the farmers could sail
B Neolithic boats were loo primitive to have been used
C Probably only a few breeding animals were imported
34. What is the main evidence for cereal crops in Neolithic Ireland?
A the remains of burnt grain in pots
B the marks left on pots by grains
C the patterns painted on the surface of pots
Complete the sentences below. Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS each answer.
35. Ploughs could either have been pulled by _________________ or by cattle. The farmers needed homes which were permanent dwellings.
36. In the final stages of axe-making _________________ and _________________ were necessary for grinding and polishing.
37. Irish axes were exported from Ireland to _________________ and England.
The colonisers used clay to make pots.
38. The _________________ of the pots was often polished to make them watertight.
39. Clay from _________________ areas was generally used.
40. Decoration was only put around the _________________ of the earliest pots.
Cambridge IELTS 6 Listening Test 3 Answers
Practice with Expert IELTS Tutors Online
Apply Code "IELTSXPRESS20" To Get 20% off on IELTS Mock Test
3. 15 riverside
4. 2 weeks
21. entertainment industry
22. telephone interviews
24. male and female
28. department stores
30. opera house
36. water, sand
Practice: Practice Cambridge IELTS 6 Listening Test 2 with Answers
5 thoughts on “Practice Cambridge IELTS 6 Listening Test 3 with Answers”
Answer 7 is wrong
Right answer is wife
Check it out and change it as soon as possible
Very good observation. Thanks for letting us know about the mistake.
Actually, the correct answer is “mother” not “wife”.
Peter: Like, erm, my wife’s first name?
Woman: Mother‘s might be better. It’s less likely to be known.
Can you write aall typescript of this listening
Suggest you to download Cambridge 6 pdf from our telegram channel and you can check the transcript there. Regards
No you’re wrong