Cambridge IELTS 6 Listening Test 3
Cambridge IELTS 6 Listening Test 3 – Section 1
Complete the form below.
Write NO MORE THAN ONE WORD OR A NUMBER.
Opening A Bank Account
Application for a: Current bank account
Type of current account: The (1) _________________ account
Full name of applicant: Pieter Henes
Date of birth: (2) _________________
Joint account holders: No
Current address: (3) _________________ Exeter
Time at current address: (4) _________________
Previous address: Rielsdorf 2, Utrecht, Holland
Telephone: work (5) _________________
Occupation: (6) _________________
Identity (security): Name of his (7) _________________ :Siti
Opening sum: (8) £ _________________ to be transferred from Fransen Bank, Utrecht
Statements: Every (9) _________________
Requests: Supply information about the bank’s (10) _________________ service
Cambridge IELTS 6 Listening Test 3 – Section 2
Choose the correct letter A, B and C.
The History of Rosewood House
11. When the writer Sebastian George first saw Rosewood House, he
A thought he might rent it
B felt it was too expensive for him
C was unsure whether to buy it
12. Before buying the house. George had
A experienced seevere family problems
B struggled to become a successful author
C suffered a serious illness
13. According to the speaker, George viewed Rosewood House as
A a rich source of material for his books
B a way to escape from his work
C a typical building of the region
Label the map below.
Write correct letters A-J next to questions 14-17.
Rosewood House and Gardens
Complete the sentences below. Write ONE WORD ONLY.
18. You can walk through the _________________ that goes along the river bank.
19. You can go over the _________________ and then into a wooded area.
20. On your way back, you could also go up to the _________________
Cambridge IELTS 6 Listening Test 3 – Section 3
Complete the sentences below.
Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS OR A NUMBER.
21. For their assignment, the students must investigate one part of the _________________
22. The method the students must use to collect data is _________________
23. In total, the students must interview _________________ people.
24. Jack thinks the music preferences of _________________ listeners are similar.
Complete the notes below. Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS.
Marketing Survey: Music Preferences
|Age group of interviewee||* 25 or under
* 45 or over
|Music preferences||* Pop
* 25 ___________
* Easy listening
* 26 ___________
|Medium for listening to music||* Radio
* 27 ___________
|Source of music||* Music shops
* 28 ___________
|Places for listening to music||* Disco
* 29 ___________
* Concert hall
* 30 ___________
Cambridge IELTS 6 Listening Test 3 – Section 4
Choose the correct letter A, B or C.
Ireland In The Neolithic Period
31. According to the speaker, it is not clear
A when the farming economy was introduced to Ireland
B why people began to farm in Ireland
C where the early Irish farmers came from
32. What point does the speaker make about breeding animals in Neolithic Ireland?
A Their numbers must have been above a certain level
B They were under threat from wild animals
C Some species died out during this period
33. What does the speaker say about the transportation of animals?
A Livestock would have limited the distance the farmers could sail
B Neolithic boats were loo primitive to have been used
C Probably only a few breeding animals were imported
34. What is the main evidence for cereal crops in Neolithic Ireland?
A the remains of burnt grain in pots
B the marks left on pots by grains
C the patterns painted on the surface of pots
Complete the sentences below. Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS each answer.
35. Ploughs could either have been pulled by _________________ or by cattle. The farmers needed homes which were permanent dwellings.
36. In the final stages of axe-making _________________ and _________________ were necessary for grinding and polishing.
37. Irish axes were exported from Ireland to _________________ and England.
The colonisers used clay to make pots.
38. The _________________ of the pots was often polished to make them watertight.
39. Clay from _________________ areas was generally used.
40. Decoration was only put around the _________________ of the earliest pots.
Cambridge IELTS 6 Listening Test 3 Answers
3. 15 riverside
4. 2 weeks
21. entertainment industry
22. telephone interviews
24. male and female
28. department stores
30. opera house
36. water, sand