Cambridge 12 Listening Test 1
Cambridge 12 Listening Test 1 – Section 1
Section 1: Questions 1-10
Complete the notes below. Write NO MORE THAN ONE WORD OR A NUMBER for each answer.
Cruise on a lake
• Travel on an old steamship
• Can take photos of the (1) that surround the lake
• Children can help feed the sheep
• Visit can include a 40 minute ride on a (2)
• Visitors can walk in the farm’s (3) by the lake
• (4) is available at extra cost
• Cyclists explore the back road
• A (5) is provided
• Only suitable for cyclists who have some (6)
o Bikes can be hired from (7) (near the cruise ship terminal)
• Cyclists need:
o A repair kit
o Food and drink
o A (8) (can be hired)
• There are no (9) or accommodation in the area
• Total cost for whole family of cruise and farm visit: (10) $
Cambridge 12 Listening Test 1 – Section 2
Section 2: Questions 11-14
Choose the correct letter A, B or C.
Talk to new kitchen assistants
11. According to the manager what do most people like about the job of kitchen assistant?
A. the variety of work
B. the friendly atmosphere
C. the opportunities for promotion
12. The manager is concerned about some of the new staff’s
B. hair styles
13. The manager says that the day is likely to be busy for kitchen staff because
A. it is a public holiday
B. the head chef is absent
C. the restaurant is almost fully booked
14. Only kitchen staff who are 18 or older are allowed to use
A. the waste disposal unit
B. the electric mixer
C. the meat slicer
Questions 15 and 16
Choose TWO letter A-E.
According to the manager which TWO things can make the job of kitchen assistant stressful?
A. they have to follow orders immediately.
B. the kitchen gets very hot
C. they may not be able to take a break
D. they have to do overtime
E. the work is physically demanding
What is the responsibility of each of the following restaurant staff?
Choose FOUR answers from below.
A. training courses
B. food stocks
C. first aid
E. staff discounts
17. Joy Parkins
18. David Field
19. Dexter Wills
20. Mike Smith
Cambridge 12 Listening Test 1 – Section 3
Section 3: Questions 21-23
Choose the correct letter A, B or C.
Paper on Public Libraries
21. What will be the main topic of Trudie and Stewart’s paper?
A. how public library services are organized in different countries
B. how changes in society are reflected in public libraries
C. how the funding of public libraries has changed
22. They agree that one disadvantage of free digitalized books is that
A. they may take a long time to read
B. they can be difficult to read
C. they are generally old
23. Stewart expects that in the future libraries will
A. maintain their traditional function
B. become centres for local communities
C. no longer contain any books
Complete the notes below. Write ONE WORD ONLY for each answer.
Study of local library: possible questions
• Whether it has a (24) of its own
• Its policy regarding noise of various kinds
• How it’s affected by laws regarding all aspects of (25)
• How the design needs to take the (26) of customers into account
• What (27) is required in case of accidents
• Why a famous person’s (28) is located in the library
• Whether it has a (29) of local organisations
• How it’s different from a library in a (30)
Cambridge 12 Listening Test 1 – Section 4
Section 4: Questions 31-40
Complete the notes below. Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS for each answer.
Four business rules
• Many business values can result in (31)
• Senior managers need to understand and deal with the potential (32) that may result
• During a training course the speaker was in a team that had to build a (33)
• Other teams experienced (34) from trying to collaborate
• The speaker’s team won because they reduced collaboration
• Sales of a (35) were poor because of collaboration
• Hard work may be a bad use of various company (36)
• The word lazy in the context refers to people who avoid doing tasks that are (37)
• An advertising campaign for a (38) was memorable but failed to boost sales
• Creativity should be used as a response to a particular (39)
• According to one study on average pioneers had a (40) that was far higher than that of followers.
Checkout Grammarly to improve your grammar.
Cambridge 12 Listening Test 1 Answers
Also Check: 1000+ Most Common Words for IELTS
Practice Tests: IELTS Practice Cambridge 12 Listening Test 2 C12T2