Cambridge IELTS 8 Listening Test 3
Cambridge IELTS 8 Listening Test 3 – Section 1
Section 1: Questions 1-3
Complete the form below. Write ONE WORD OR A NUMBER.
Rented Properties Customer’s Requirements
Name: Steven Godfrey
No. of bedrooms: 4
Preferred location: in the (1) ____________ area of town
Maximum monthly rent: (2) £ ____________
Length of let required: (3) ____________
Starting: September 1st
Complete the table below. Write ONE WORD OR A NUMBER.
Questions 9 and 10
Choose TWO letters, A-E.
Which TWO facilities in the district of Devon Close are open to the public at the moment?
B concert hall
D sports centre
E swimming pool
Cambridge IELTS 8 Listening Test 3 – Section 2
Section 2: Questions 11-16
Complete the notes below. Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS OR A NUMBER.
THE NATIONAL ARTS CENTER
Well known for: (11) ____________
Complex consists of: concert rooms, theatres, cinemas, art galleries, public library,
restaurants and a (12) ____________
Historical background: 1940-area destroyed by bombs
1960s-1970s: centre was (13) ____________ and built in (14) ____________ – opened to public
Managed by: the (15) ____________
Open: (16) ____________ days per year
Complete the table below. Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS OR A NUMBER.
Cambridge IELTS 8 Listening Test 3 – Section 3
Section 3: Questions 21-26
Choose the correct letter A, B or C.
Latin American Studies
21. Paul decided to get work experience in South America because he wanted
A to teach English there
B to improve his Spanish
C to learn about Latin American life
22. What project work did Paul originally intend to get involved in?
23. Why did Paul change from one project to another?
A His first job was not well organized
B He found doing the routine work very boring
C The work was too physically demanding
24. In the village community, he learnt how important it was to
A respect family life
B develop trust
C use money wisely
25. What does Paul say about his project manager?
A He let Paul do most of the work
B His plans were too ambitious
C He was very supportive of Paul
26. Paul was surprised to be given
A a computer to use
B so little money to live on
C an extension to his contract
What does Paul decide about each of the following modules?
Write the correct letter A, B or C next to questions 27-30.
27. Gender studies in Latin America ____________
28. Second language acquisition ____________
29. Indigenous women’s lives ____________
30. Portuguese language studies ____________
A He will do this.
B He might do this.
C He won’t do this.
Cambridge IELTS 8 Listening Test 3 – Section 4
Section 4: Questions 31-34
Choose the correct letter A, B or C.
Trying to repeat success
31. Compared to introducing new business processes, attempts to copy existing processes are
A more attractive
B more frequent
C more straightforward
32. Most research into the repetition of success in business has
A been done outside the United States
B produced consistent findings
C related to only a few contexts
33. What does the speaker say about consulting experts?
A Too few managers ever do it
B It can be useful in certain circumstances
C Experts are sometimes unwilling to give advice
34. An expert’s knowledge about a business system may be incomplete because
A some details are difficult for workers to explain
B workers choose not to mention certain details
C details are sometimes altered by workers
Complete the notes below. Write ONE WORD ONLY.
Setting up systems based on an existing process
Manager tries to:
• Improve on the original process
• Create an ideal (35) ____________ from the best parts of several processes
Cause of problems
• Information was inaccurate
• Comparison between the business settings was invalid
• Disadvantages were overlooked e.g. effect of changes on (36) ____________
• Change (37) ____________
• Impose rigorous (38) ____________
• Copy original very closely:
Physical features of the (39) ____________
The (40) ____________ of original employees
Cambridge IELTS 8 Listening Test 3 Answers
Also Practice: IELTS Practice Cambridge 10 Listening Test 2