Practice Cambridge IELTS 8 Listening Test 4
Practice Cambridge IELTS 8 Listening Test 4 – Section 1
Section 1: Questions 1-10
Complete the notes below. Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS OR A NUMBER.
WEST BAY HOTEL – DETAILS OF JOB
• Newspaper advert for temporary staff
• Vacancies for (1) ___________
• Two shifts
• Can choose your (2) ___________ (must be the same each week)
• Pay: £5.50 per hour including a (3) ___________
• A (4) ___________ is provided in the hotel
• Total weekly pay: £231
• Dress: a white shirt and (5) ___________ trousers (not supplied), a
(6) ___________ (supplied)
• Starting date: (7) ___________
• Call Jane (8) ___________ (service manage) before
(9) ___________ tomorrow (Tel: 832009)
• She will require a (10) ___________
Practice Cambridge IELTS 8 Listening Test 4 – Section 2
Section 2: Questions 11-13
Choose the correct letter A, B or C.
Improvements to Red Hill Suburb
11. Community groups are mainly concerned about
A pedestrian safety
B traffic jams
C increased pollution
12. It has been decided that the overhead power lines will be
13. The expenses related to the power lines will be paid by
A the council
B the power company
C local businesses
Label the map below. Write the correct letter A-H next to questions 14-20.
Road Hill Improvement Plan
14. Trees ___________
15. Wider footpaths ___________
16. Coloured road surface ___________
17. New sign ___________
18. Traffic lights ___________
19. Artwork ___________
20. Children’s playground ___________
Practice Cambridge IELTS 8 Listening Test 4 – Section 3
Section 3: Questions 21 and 22
Choose TWO letters A-E.
In which TWO ways is Dan financing his course?
A He is receiving money from the government
B His family are willing to help him
C The college is giving him a small grant
D His local council is supporting him for a limited period
E A former employer is providing partial funding
Questions 23 and 24
Choose TWO letters, A-E.
Which TWO reasons does Jeannie give for deciding to leave some college clubs?
A She is not sufficiently challenged
B The activity interferes with her studies
C She does not have enough time
D The activity is too demanding physically
E She does not think she is any good at the activity
Questions 25 and 26
Choose the correct letter, A, B or C.
25. What does Dan say about the seminars on the course?
A The other students do not give him a chance to speak
B The seminars make him feel inferior to the other students
C The preparation for seminars takes too much time
26. What does Jeannie say about the tutorials on the course?
A They are an inefficient way of providing guidance
B They are more challenging than she had expected
C They are helping her to develop her study skills
Complete the flow chart below. Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS OR A NUMBER.
Practice Cambridge IELTS 8 Listening Test 4 – Section 4
Section 4: Questions 31-36
Australian Aboriginal Rock Paintings
Which painting styles have the following features?
Write the correct letter A, B or C next to questions 31-36.
31. figures revealing bones ___________
32. rounded figures ___________
33. figures with parts missing ___________
34. figures smaller than life size ___________
35. sea creatures ___________
36. plants ___________
Complete the notes below. Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS.
RAINBOW SERPENT PROJECT
Aim of project: to identify the (37) ___________ used as the basis for the Rainbow Serpent
• Environmental changes led to higher (38) ___________
• Traditional activities were affected especially (39) ___________
Rainbow Serpent Image
• Similar to a sea horse
• Unusual because it appeared in inland areas
• Symbolises (40) ___________ in Aboriginal culture
Practice Cambridge IELTS 8 Listening Test 4 – Answers